Got a Computer Question
Post It Here
Someone May Be Able to Help
crazyc35
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

question...imageflap.help please

Post by crazyc35 »

Help....why when i want to save a pic it always comes up untiteled and it does not save as a jpeg?????????
MANNEKEPIS
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by MANNEKEPIS »

:D You must be using IE. Sometimes you can refresh the page and it will allow you to save as .jpg.

However, as most of us have discovered a long time ago, it is easier to use Firefox as your browser. You will seldom have that problem then. If you read the tech. help section, you'll find you're not the only one who ran across this. Thank Bill Gates for getting a monopoly on a screwed up product. :evil:
Last edited by MANNEKEPIS on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To Pee or Not to Pee".
Was THAT the question?
crazyc35
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

thanks.....

Post by crazyc35 »

let me try...
mpp
Good Poster
Good Poster

Post by mpp »

Basically, a jpg (JPEG) file is a compressed bmp (Bitmap) file. So, if you got a bmp file instead of a jpg, that's because the computer lose the file compression somewhere. Most of the time when you got a file name untitled.bmp, that's because the file is incomplete or corrupted. Sometime the website might have a script hidden on their pages to deter you to download their pictures. If you wait to have the file completely downloaded, then you refresh your browser, it might help for sure.
Taylor
Fatso's Moderator
Fatso's Moderator

Post by Taylor »

Yup... good advice here from mpp and mann.... are you using IE6? It is a common problem with this browser.

Mann suggested Firefox... I agree or if anyone doesnt want to, Clear your Temporary Internet Files folder including offline content. This should fix it.
Thank The Swedish Hammer RIP-TSP